Saturday, August 14, 2010

Polka Dot Ottoman/Bench

I have been looking for some kind of bench to put at the end of my bed! Then after searching the stores and seeing the price tags for what I wanted, we decided we needed to head in a different direction!

Mom, my Craigslist hunter, found this ottoman/bench for $40:



It was in really good condition, but I needed it to match the stuff in my bedroom!
So we went to Wal-mart and found some upholstery and then went to Mom's house to tackle MY first upholstering project . . .



By the way its not the upholstering that is the pain, its the undoing of the original fabric and pulling out every . . . single. . . staple!!

But after pulling out the staples and realizing we didnt have the right size needles to do the buttons and a trip to JoAnn's Fabrics and an achy back after leaning over this ottoman for two days; we finally ended up with this beauty:





I took the pictures before we had finished up the bottom . . . but you get the idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment