Friday, August 20, 2010

Our newest project!!

I know the plan was to post some of our old projects that we have done, but since we are in the final week before closing on our house things got a little hectic!! So instead I waited until today when we came across an awesome find and also started a new project!!!

\

This morning on the way to Wal-mart we saw a sign for a Garage Sale . . . well we had to stop, so glad we did!! We found this french provincial style SOLID WOOD dresser AND a matching mirror AND a matching desk/vanity all for only $40!! I am just going to do todays post on the start of the dresser project. In time we will get to the other pieces, but truth is we are not certain of what we are doing yet!!






This is the mirror that goes with the dresser, but you will have to stay tuned to see where that goes!!



Starting to strip the paint . . .



Sanding . . .



After a red mahogany stain this is the midpoint to our project! This is the color of my king sleigh bed in my master bedroom!!





These are the handles . . .



I am not usually a big fan of antique style things . . . but I L-O-V-E these!! Cannot wait to finish the rest of the dresser and put this all together!!!

Until next time . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment